is an intensive substance abuse outpatient treatment program providing comprehensive support to people in early recovery for approximately 12-16 weeks . Clients receive 9 hours of group treatment a
week, plus individual counseling, case management and couples/family counseling as needed. Following this first intensive phase, clients continue to receive up to a further eight months’ support,
usually consisting of one Social Support group per week, plus other community and personal supports to help continue recovery efforts.
services include but are not limited to:
- Individual counseling and support
- Group counseling and support
- Family counseling, training or support
- Biochemical assays to identify recent drug use (e.g. urine drug screens)
- Strategies for relapse prevention to include community and social support systems in treatment
- Life skills
- Crisis contingency planning
- Disease Management
- Treatment support activities that have been adapted or specifically designed for persons with physical disabilities or persons with co-occurring disorders
more information on Better Communities' Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Program, please contact our office at 919-844-7755.